Monday, July 31, 2006

Monday Morning

Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced.-James Baldwin

Smokey here today.... the ridge to the southeast is nearly obscured by smoke... it does seem that it is prime fire season...

We (David & I) went after a load of dog food yesterday... on the way home the western sky was a thing of beauty... subtle beauty... not the multicolor dance of the sun setting... but a beautiful design in shades of pale gray... as the sun was streaming down through layers of smoke...

Full day ahead... want to get the dog waters' all freshened before the main heat of the day ... it's only 79 degrees now... according to my weather channel link we are supposed to have thunderstorms later... may the Lord bless us with a gentle rain...

No binging... for the first time in a very long time... I'm at peace with food... when I look back... I can see patterns (that I was not aware of before) even in childhood... of being fixated on food... it's so nice to be free...

I receive a newsletter called French Women Don't Get Fat... of course they have a diet program and so on and so forth... something stuck in my mind... They were talking about enjoying food... actually enjoying the flavor... texture... not doing 5 or 6 other things while you rush through a meal... soooo... I thought... hmmmm... methinks... that's a good idea... so I've stopped working out my daily plan while snarfing breakfast... and actually focusing on breakfast and enjoying the moment... you know I'm actually enjoying my bowl of cereal...lol... or whatever I happen to be dining upon... and not driven compulsively to push as much into my mouth as fast as possible... gee what a thought... ever eat a meal or snack and not be able to remember what you ate... been there done that... not any more... :)

gotta run...

Life is a journey... enjoy the trip... Mary & the Hairballs

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video