Friday, July 28, 2006

I Lost 2 more pounds! Yay!

Two more pounds down... lol... this is the first time I've ever endeavored to lose fat without doing some kind of "super diet" ... If you want to call them that... this weight loss is resulting from lifestyle changes... moderation in food consumption... and exercise... I'm not eliminating any particular kind of food at all... from celery to rib steak... to chocolate pie... yum by the way...lol... I am keeping a food journal... and logging how I'm feeling... today is a cereal day...too busy to cook ... well maybe supper... I have some stuffed salmon in the freezer that is looking a lot like dinner this evening... that and some salad... breakfast was cereal milk and coffee... missed my morning snack... but had some power aide when I came inside to cool off... 101 degrees in the shade right now... hotter the farther down into the hollow ...anyway... power aide has electrolytes in it... and I was cramping up so I know I'd lost too many... hot plus work = sweat... geez... anyway it was cereal for lunch and a wonderful pear and some coffee...

I've lost 4.5 pounds since July 18 2006... my goal weight is 145... I'm at 276.5 now so I have 131.5 pounds to go... one day one step at a time... good by fat... I really don't like carrying this extra weight around... geez it's like carrying another person strapped onto me... adios fat ball... ugh...
I'm doing a nifty isometric deep breathing exercise called Oxycise ... doesn't look like it's much of anything... but it's sure helping to tone ... and I'm using an elliptical... only 5 minutes at a time on that for now... my goal is to build up to an hour... by the time I can do an hour without completely wiping myself out... I should be in decent condition... I'm increasing my time on the elliptical in very small increments... tiny... little increments... at this point just a couple of minutes at a time... I've made the mistake of too much too soon before... and jacked myself up so bad that I ended up ill... this time it's do the base conditioning... so I can enjoy the rewards... hmmmmm what rewards... riding my motorcycle without having my weight screw with my balance... not to mention looking like a macy's day parade balloon on it... be able to enjoy a bicycle tour... have the endurance and strength to really enjoy it... you know instead of torturing myself on a bicycle in the name of fun... have it actually be fun... gee what a thought... I want to walk a marathon... right now that would kill me ... literally... but within a year ... maybe a bit more... maybe a couple of years... we'll see how my body develops ... frankly I don't care where I place in the race... just want someone to still be there when I come in... so I've picked out a marathon that has an ultra-marathon the same day... coming in at the same place... I should be able to finish the marathon before the last ultra gets in... the marathon I want to do is a couple thousand feed higher than where I live... so I'll need to compensate for that in training...

Walking a marathon is on my life list... so is riding a century... I was well on my way to completing both about 5 years ago... when I screwed up my electrolyte levels... nightmare from hell... muscle spasms so bad they pulled my back out of alignment and left me partially paralyzed for months... that was a painful lesson... but I'm still alive... sooooo.... here goes...lol...

Life is a journey... enjoy the trip.... Mary

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video