Sunday, June 01, 2014

rockin on a sunday mornin...



Good Morning Peeps…

Ahhhhhh…. That first sip of coffee in the morning… dark… hot… black… with an edge of bitter…. Steaming in the cup… sliding over my lips… swirling around my mouth… caressing my tongue with flavor and sensation… before gliding down my throat…. mmmmmmm…. Yeah….

Heh…heh…heh…. Yeah… well we’ll just leave it at that… listening to digital revolution radio… some wonderful rock riffs… yeah… yes it is on line…

Had some thunder boomers here last night and some more rain… amazing clouds and light show (lightening) … seems some time in the night the power was knocked off and came back on… had to reset the electronics on the cook stove this morning before I could cook breakfast… drizzle a bit of olive oil in the cast iron pot… then pick up that knife… and shhhhk… shhhhkkk…. Shhhkkk…. Thin slices of yam… into the skillet… move them to the side… postion 2 slices of bacon in the middle… then shake… shake … shake… garlic… black pepper… cayenne… double check the burner… and put the lid on… back to the frig… pull out 2 eggs… wait… turn over the yams and bacon… wait… almost done… move them to the side… crack sizzle… crack sizzle… in go the eggs… garlic… black pepper… cayenne… mmmmmm…. Almost there… pull out the yams and bacon… sizzled bubbly edges on the eggs… pull them out… shake shake shake… mineral salt… apple cider vinegar… and ah… breakfast is ready… yum… yes the coffee was already in the French press waiting… steeping…

Mow Mow Tat has her purr on… and we are rockin out on a Sunday mornin…. She is stretched out on the couch … put my hand on her side and feel the vibration of her purrrrrrrrr…..

Yes dinner went well last night… that pecan desert turned out …yum… beef cooked slow all day smothered in portobellos and onion… dipped up some of the au jus and cooked the wild rice in it… asparagus came out of the oven yum… zucchini did not come out the way I thought it would but was yum… and of course those mushrooms… yeah mmmm…. Friend brought a bottle of bubbly… so we had a glass of sparkle as well… pecan desert… pecans, coconut, dates, raw honey, vanilla, coconut oil, eggs… topped with more crushed pecans… baked in a water bath… ok…just yum… with dark black coffee… and finished off with a good cigar… over more coffee… Mickey Hart playing in the background…

Good food… hey… I enjoy watching friends enjoy food I have prepared… good friends… good conversation… a bit of sparkly… good coffee… good smoke… good music… it was a good night…

Yes I enjoy a good cigar… savor the flavor… actually Jucy Lucy is my fav cigar… my Pops and I used to sit out in the yard under the tree and have coffee and a smoke… I can still see those sparkling blue eyes over the smoking cigar… that craggy leathered face… under his leather hat brim… just sharing each other’s company… having some coffee and enjoying a smoke… didn’t have to talk… just being…

We got to know each other after I was an adult… and truly appreciated the time that we did have… folks were split… and Pops was constantly on Mom’s “list” … learned a bit more of why I used to annoy the life out of her after Pops and I got together… we are so much alike it’s scary… too funny… same mannerisms… same twisted sense of humor… Pops just was who he was… take it or leave it… and that’s ok…

There was no shoulda woulda coulda with him… he just accepted what was and went on from there… good bad… doesn’t matter … it just is… next… ya know I think that is a good way to be… beating myself up over shoulda woulda coulda… or over what other’s think I “should” be is a waste of life…Pops had the right idea…

Yeah sometimes it “bites”… moderating my phraseology a bit… fill in with “appropriate words” … but then there’s that sunrise… that cat’s purr… a good smoke… dark black coffee… good conversation… and music music music… ah baby drums … yeah… no drum available… man give me a couple of sticks and hollow log… and lets rock on…

It’s not going to break my heart if there’s some paint to splash about… and some dirt to dig in… either…

Man oh man… I hear that chest freezer calling my name… gotta scrub it out… then head out to the asparagus field and get to picking…

Embrace the pain… let go of the fear… enjoy who you are… there is only one you and you are glorious… feel the music… scrape the “shoulda” off your shoe… breathe deep … and …. Live…

Gratitudes: good food… good friends… good coffee…

Later taters… gotta rocket…


Mary E. Robbins
facebook
twitter

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video