Thursday, January 08, 2009

The Greatest Year of my Life!

I’ve done it! I’ve come up with my new year’s resolutions! Or rather my new year’s resolution. I’ve put a bit of thought into it this year. Usually it’s the long list of things to accomplish, prioritized and all. But you know, those are actually goals, not resolutions.

I thought about this past year; in all it’s graphic detail. Then I thought back to spring of 2003 when we first learned of this ranch and bought it. All the dreams and aspirations that went into this move, and the ensuing illnesses, and surgery, and seemingly unending recovery that waylaid so many plans.

I thought about the friends and family that are no longer with us; passed on to the other side. Then a late night predator called and attacked me on the phone. I reacted in self defense against his pointless attack and traced him down to the police both here and in his hometown. I thought about how senseless his attack on me was. Then I thought about all the senseless wars, be they small, as in between 2 people, family members, countries, religious factions, races, and so on. So much potential lost in senseless carnage.

Then I thought about the fuel prices how they rose to astronomical heights, and all the propaganda that was swirling about to explain away the financial strain those prices were putting on all but a very few. Then I watched as the fuel prices fell and fell, exposing the propaganda as a sewer full of stinking lies.

Then I thought about the mortgage crises, how the “financial institutions” involved were screaming bail out bail out, as they doubled and tripled mortgage payments making them impossible to pay resulting in foreclosure after foreclosure on homes that were over-financed in the first place.

Then I thought about the mess with the car mfg. screaming bail out bail out.

I wonder how much of the “bail out” $$$ is going into golden parachutes, in one way or another.

Then I thought about the unabated greed that has driven the world economy in to instability. I thought about the few that have engorged themselves at the expense of all others; and I grew angry.

I’ve spent a good bit of this past year angry, frustrated, neck deep in a small private war. Caught up in swirling turmoil. Living in rage is just not worth it.

I looked back over my life, such that it is. It seems, now that I really look at it, that I’ve spent a good bit of my life, waiting to do something in the future, or beating myself up over something I did or didn’t do in the past. If I had of, or I should have, or I could have, or I will when this that or the other thing comes to pass in Never-Never land. Usually all in a haze of self-made, frustration pain and anger, missing the beauty and wonder life has had to offer all along. Well, enough of this balderdash!

Here is my New Year’s Resolution!
To: Live the Greatest Year of My life!

How am I going to do that? Here is how in two parts:
1. Live life now, Appreciate each moment as it happens!
2. Live in peace within myself.

Yes of course I have some goals and plans for this year, rather exciting actually. But that is for another day.

Life is a journey, enjoy the trip.
Mary E. Robbins & the Hairballs
Robbins Run Ranch: Living the Dream With our Pomeranians
307.788.0202


No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video