Saturday, June 09, 2007

Up Early Full Day Ahead


Wow… June 9th already. 2007 is flying by. Frankly I would like to put it on hold for a while. Kind of stay in late spring. Before the summer heat. Savor it a bit. Dogs woke me up before dawn this morning. I’m pretty keyed into their barking and the different tones. Wakes me up almost immediately. I’m babysitting a friend’s kennel right now as well as my own. So I’ve been on extra alert. She had a family emergency to tend to .

I”ve started the great spring hair off program. Lol… a through brush out after all that winter coat has been loosened a bit. WOW. Can we say hair. Started working on some summer projects too.

Like I don’t have enough to do. Actually in the long run the summer projects I’ve started will make it much easier here in the winter. It’s a heavy snow fence to go up staggered across the north and west. Slow down those snow drifts a bit in the winter. Keep it from piling up so much around the kennels and the house. At least that’s the plan. It won’t stop it altogether but it should help quite a bit. I’m planning on using the snow fence as the large exercise area boundaries as well. Plus it will help to keep the coyotes farther back. Help out the fowl and cats a bit.

It will be a great work out as well. Today I’m seriously feeling the effects of that “great workout” tired and OUCH! It’ll get better. Always gets worse before it gets better. That’s the stage that knocks people out of their projects. Myself included, more than once. This past winter was a huge motivator as far as getting that snow fence up. I was struggling through hip deep snow for months. It was that deep because it drifted across into the kennels. Need something for it to pile up on farther out. We’ll still get drifts but shouldn’t be so much. Some of those drifts were over 12 feet tall. Beautiful to look at. But awful to work in.

I’m keeping cattle off my pasture this summer. That will help a bit too. The grass will still be on the pasture through the winter. Snow will catch and pile in the grass as well. That will benefit the pasture as well.

Whoa Nellie… looking at the entire ranch project is a bit overwhelming. One step at a time. Speaking of one step at a time. I’m shredding paper for puppy bedding. Then I need to get out the door and mow a couple of yards.

Puppies are soooo cute playing out in the yards…

Time’s a flying…
Life is a journey… enjoy the trip.. Mary E. Robbins & the
Hairballs

307-788-0202

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video