Saturday, September 13, 2014

Memories... Boots...Critters and Coffee...




Good Morning Peeps…

I turned on the local fm radio station this morning… they have a program on called grassroots gold… they are playing a series of George Jones songs… it’s older country and western music… it’s stirring memories of David big time… funny thing is he liked 1950’s rock n roll… lol….  Suppose it’s the stories in the songs… David was a story teller… I used to get frustrated with him because he would tell some of his stories over and over… now I am so very glad that he did because they are embedded in my memory… I can almost see the people and places in the stories… hear his voice as he was telling them and see his eyes sparkling and his smile… eyes with flecks of gray… green… gold… brown… sparkling with happiness as he shared a meal and wove a web of stories… how can a person be happy and sad at the same time… I don’t know… but I am… smiling with tears running down my face…

I took the air conditioners out of the windows during the cold snap that just came through… one of them was in David’s gun room… I lingered a while in there… looking about… looked in a couple of tool/tackle boxes… he fishing reels were in there all taken care of and in protective bags… reloading press set up on the table ready go… waiting in its cover… it’s like the whole room is waiting for his presence and deliberate hands…

I used to love to watch him polish his boots… his movement with his hands was so deliberate… steady… firm… solid… seems impossible that he could be snatched out of that body so suddenly… how is that even possible… I am like a skitterbit… hands zipping about… fast fast fast… change directions… flit flit flit… mind is the same way… zip zip zip… attention jumping from one thing to another… he was just the opposite… we were counter balances to each other…

It’s not the same but I still carry him with me… always will… that was part of what the ink on my arm was about… or rather is about… it is our story and a memorial as well… it is unfinished… just  as our lives together were unfinished… still are…

Yesterday I went into town to take care of licensing my jeep and to get some fowl feed… while I was at the farm store I looked at some bogs boots… I’ve been wanting a pair for years but could not wear them… they would not fit around my legs… yesterday I thought hmmmm…. I’m going to try it… OMG! I can wear them… the boot shaft actually went around my leg … over my jeans no less… I couldn’t believe it… I took them off… put them back on again… took them off… put them back on again… walked a bit in them… I really could get them on… and they didn’t hurt…

I heard David in my head .... saying go ahead and get them… he used to get frustrated with me… because I would see something … a coat or whatever… and really like it… then put it back on the shelf after I’d thought of somewhere else the funds could go… seems there is always somewhere else the funds can go… especially out on a farm/ranch… well yesterday I listened to him… I brought the boots home… they will be nice to work in this fall and winter… keep the wet… grass seeds… straw… dirt… weeds… sticks… etc out of my socks… and from sticking my legs and feet… I am so fed up with that… argh… get some work done on that fence without having to tolerate massive amounts of grass seeds sticking in my socks and feet…

74 pounds down… and still going… I did oxycise 3 times this week… will be 4 times as of today… haven’t done it yet but am after I get done writing…

I am wondering now if I can wear some of the dress boots I have in my closet… I had given up on ever wearing them again… actually gave some of them away… it’s not just fat loss… my legs are not swelling as much since I am not eating refined sugars and gluten… thinking that I just may try some of them on later today… got work to do before messing about with them…

Tomorrow there are supposed to be some muscovey ducks coming… they are gray and white ones… I am looking forward to seeing them…

Sammy is doing better… still need to treat his eyes… but they are looking better… he knows his name too… hehehe…. Cute little bugger… there is just something about baby goats…

I have not had the nerve to look at my tomato plants yet… squash looks ok though… so I am thinking the tomatoes probably are too… morning glory vines are still ok… took the blooms out though… hope there are more coming… love morning glories… the potted mums are still blooming… as are the asters…

Gonna grab another cup of coffee and get moving… the critters all need fed… 

Mary E. Robbins







No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video