Thursday, June 21, 2012

Yes You Can!


I got on the scale this morning, as I do each morning. What did I see? I saw another drop in weight! Yay! 300.4 pounds. That is 13.4 pounds down. Yay! 155.4 pounds to go! One moment, one step, one day, one workout at a time…

So what is different this time around? Excellent question. Hmmmmm… so what is different. The biggest difference I can see is in attitude. My attitude that is. State of mind. Yes the binge trigger has been addressed, but that was only a part of the overall issue.

I have changed my attitude from I can’t to I can, and I am. There is more to it though. I remember feeling deprived if I “couldn’t” have some food or drink. Now it’s not that I can’t have it. I do not want it. That is a choice as well.

My eating style has changed as well. I no longer rush through a meal or snack. I savor the texture and flavor of the food. Ironically for the first time in my life I am actually enjoying what I eat. No guilt, no regrets, nourishing my body and enjoying the process. How funny is that.

I noticed another added benefit. Our grocery bill has gone down. So along with our health improving, we have more disposable income because we are not eating as much food. That just gives me a giggle.

No gimmicks, no fads, just small changes adding up over time. I am trying to eat healthy. That is not to say that when I’m in town that I don’t stop in at McDonalds. You know you do not have to be a glutton just because you are at a fast food restaurant. McDonalds did not make you fat. You made you fat. Stop whining, stop making excuses and own your behavior… then do something about it.

So what do you do. Put in some work, learn something about nutrition, get off you rotund butt and move. Even if it’s just 5 minutes at a time to start with. Oh yeah… 5 minutes a day will not burn the fat off your gut. I said if you can only move 5 minutes at a time to start with… then do it. Then do it again. Oh yeah… and again … and so on.

Do not try to change everything at once. This is a gradual process. One step, one breath, one day at a time.


Another tip, surround yourself with people that are working towards similar goals. Positive minded people. I don’t mean all sunshine and daisies. But realistic, focused people working towards a healthy vibrant lifestyle in mind body and spirit.

The attitudes you keep and the words you speak define your life.


Yes you can!



Mary E. Robbins
307.788.0202
find me on facebook

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video