Thursday, February 16, 2012

Week 6: Toe Nails, Bra Hooks, Compression Pants, and 500 miles



Happy Valentines Day Peeps!

I skipped the weigh in on Sunday last. I may skip a few more as well; frankly I have not decided as of yet. Here's the thing. This is not a diet! Nope, no diet here. This is about growing stronger and healthier and getting rid of excess fat.

I found myself sliding back into that old diet mentality getting tense over a step onto a scale. Eventually I'll step on the scale again. I am not sure when but eventually. I refuse to be tied to a number on a scale.

So how do I know I'm on track? There's the question.

Here is my answer for this week: Toe Nails, Bra Hooks, Compression Pants, and 500 miles. A bit cryptic I know. lol.

So here goes:

Toe Nails: Early Valentine’s Day morning I decided to give myself a Valentine's Day gift. Well it was either going to be a gift or a disappointment. I decided do my nails in sparkly red with hearts on my thumbs and big toes.

Finger nails were no problem Toe Nails, well that's another story. Major challenge there. It had been over 2 years since I could reach my toe nails to trim them without major pain. There was no way I could actually do a pedicure on my own feet.

Valentines Day Morning, I did just that! I have bright red toe nails with 2 hearts on each of my big toes. Hearts on my thumb nails as well.

This may sound silly, but it is a major celebration for me. Red toe nails aside, it means that I am stronger, more flexible, and have lost some of the belly fat that was getting in the way.

Yeah Baby! Happy Dance ... Happy Dance!

Bra Hooks: First off, allow me to clarify... I do not like bras. Ugh, however I am rather chesty so I tend to wear them for support. I was fussing about because mine was making me rather uncomfortable. Something was just off. I've been wearing my bra's in the loosest hook position, and I thought for pete's sake now what. Then I had a thought, I used the next tighter hook position, and what do you know. It fit and stayed in position. Then I thought, aw that bra is just stretched out. So I tried another one and had the same results.

Three guesses who is smaller around the rib cage... yeah baby! Yup that would be me... hehehe... giggle with glee...

Compression Pants: I live in compression pants. Wonderful genetic gift has given me legs that swell. Compression pants keep the swelling, and pain down. I have several pairs of shiny navy blue compression pants. They are great to work out in and I can wear them under most things. When I'm home or working out I just run around with a shiny navy blue butt.

Two years ago I bought some other compression pants made of a different kind of fabric that is warmer. They were the same size as the ones I live in but different texture. OMG! I wiggled and squirmed and could not get them on! They came up to the tops of my thighs and that was the end of it. I fought and wiggled and got them off and folded them up and put them in a drawer. Two years ago.

Yesterday I decided to check them out to see if I could wear them. drum roll please.... I can wear them! Whoo Haaaaa! Not sort of wear them, they fit, plenty of room for my abundant behind, good fit on the legs, and fits my waist without biting me. They fit like a second skin, just like they are supposed to. Yeah!

It would seem that Miss Mary has lost some size on her calves, legs, behind, and waist! Are you ready... here we go .... happy dance ... happy dance... get up and shake it in a happy dance...

500 Miles: My stationary bike has a cumulative odometer. Out of curiosity I started checking it to see how far I'd ridden since January 1st 2012. I was so thrilled, my last ride I broke through the 500 mile mark. This just amazes and thrills me, since when I first got on this thing I could barely make 5 minutes on it.

Six weeks later and I've covered over 500 miles. Wow, that is just too cool.

So there you have it, no scales, No Excuses. Week 6: Toe Nails, Bra Hooks, Compression Pants and 500 miles.

I am celebrating the positive changes in my body as I continue... chanting No Excuses!

Life is a journey, enjoy the trip.
Mary E. Robbins
307.788.0202

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video