Thursday, August 20, 2009

His Life is Done Under This Sun...

Uncle Clarence is no longer trapped in a deteriorating body. He has officially vacated its crumbling façade. My hope is that he is happy and free since his passage.

Although truth be told, I think he and his younger brother Gene, who crossed over sometime before. Are playing about doing a bit of visiting. Perhaps it’s my imagination, but I keep catching the scent of old fashioned Lysol. Uncle Gene used to wash his clothes in it for some reason, and whenever he was around the scent used to waft it’s way around the house. Before you ask, no I have no old fashioned Lysol in my house.

Some will nod their heads and say, yes you have visitors. Other’s will think my nut is cracked.

I’ve noticed as I spend more time in this life that those things I thought were thus and so. As in this is the way it is and that’s that. Are more often than not, other than the rule that was proclaimed. Rather than being scary to see that this life is full of mysteries, as is the passage to the next, I find it a continual amazement full of adventures along the way.

I heard someone trying to explain away the amazing peace that comes with near death and death experiences. I knew when I heard their explanation that they actually did not know. That they were regurgitating what they had been trained to say. I knew this because I do know, been there, felt that. The peace was absolutely wonderful, so freeing. Before anyone says, oh yes it was a lack of oxygen and other such nonsense. That wonderful peace stayed with me for about a week after I came home from the hospital.

I thought of Clarence’s passing and the pain he has had to endure over the past few months, and I thought his death was a gift of freedom to him. I am not so selfish as to begrudge his passing. A bit jealous perhaps, and panicked at being left behind. But I wish him well and look forward to visiting with him again as I pass through to the other side. If that is to be, it will be if it tis not then not.

To me the time of death should be a celebration of the person’s life that has passed on to the other side. And a bon voyage to the traveler. Lift a glass, smoke a cigar, say a prayer, wish them well. Their time here is done, tis time to move on.

Be happy for them, and glad for the time you had together.

Life is a journey…enjoy the trip
Mary E. Robbins

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video