Saturday, May 02, 2009

Morning Glories, May Snow Showers, Messed Up Knee

Morning glories are one of my favorite flowers, morning glories, 4 o’clocks, bearded iris, peonies, holly hocks, baby’s breath, wild roses, blue flax, bachelor buttons, and lavender.

There are tiny purple flowers popping up all over the place. I am sure someone would call them a weed. But they are beautiful enmass just the same.

It’s cool and wet out this morning, looks like more rain for today. Fortunately it’s not a downpour, so the ground can actually absorb it; rather than having flash floods cut into the hillsides once again.

The meadowlarks and robbins have been singing. Spring is here, spring is here. Seems strange that yesterday morning we had a light spring snow. Snow on May day, haven’t seen that in a while.

Today I woke up feeling like I’d been run though one of those old fashioned washing machine wringers. Yesterday was a rough day. It actually started out pretty good.

Got on the computer and decided to call Microsoft to see how to fix a bit of code in IE8. I thought it would be a simple quick fix; well it was actually once we found it…lol. The Tech that was working on it was a nice guy, he did a good job. Frankly it still took less time than pulling my computer apart loading it in the truck and carting it into town for the techs there to work on it. All in all it went pretty well.

Then it’s on to attack the monstrous pile of dishes in the kitchen. Wiped them out. Taa Daa! David was home and helped dry. So far so good.

My knee had been doing pretty well; I was thinking it would be a good idea to give it a soak though. I’d just made coffee and I was in the process of putting a meal together for Mom, David, and I when I made an awful error. I sat down. Who’d a thought? I stepped over to the table to sit down with my husband and have a cup of coffee. Wow, I just sat down. As it was my knee was misaligned. Once I started to sit down I couldn’t stop, and the sitting action forced the knee to bend anyway. I don’t scream very often but I did then.

The pain that ripped through my leg must have triggered a massive acid dump in my stomach. Because the rest of the day and night was spent dealing with one of the worst gastric attacks I’ve had in a very long while. Geez, mount Vesuvius erupted in my intestines. That’s the first time in a very long time that a gastric attack has caused me to pass out. Good grief. Who’d a thought, obviously not me.

At any rate it’s over now. I’m tired but functional.

I have the dog food started on the stove, getting ready to add the vitamins and minerals and get the hairballs fed for the day. Frankly I’m looking forward to getting outside. I am going to put the knee brace on today I think. To help hold it together. I am pretty anxious to hear what the doc says on the 6th about my knee.

Pat was a Godsend last night. She came out (We live 17 miles out of town) and transferred mom and got her set up for the night. I had collapsed from the gastric attack and it wasn’t safe for me to lift her. I am not sure how all this is going to work out. I guess it will one way or the other.

I do know one thing for sure. I am so looking forward to having my knee healed up. That I do know. I flat refuse to sit down and not function. I may fall down, but I am getting back up and going again. I am not stopping.

You can see them all over the place. People who have stopped. Just sat down and became weaker and weaker, to the point that they can no longer care for themselves. In a lot of cases fatter and fatter as well. I refuse to be that person. I am going to ask the doc what I need to do to rehab my knee. If she doesn’t know I’ll ask someone else. In the mean time, I started using a pedal machine, it seems to loosen up the muscles pretty good. My knee joint is really lose and sloppy, but the muscles have become so tight they are almost rigid. How’s that for irony.

Enough of that, I want this house cleaned up. Ugh, it’s nasty. Ok, I’m outta here. Heading for the kennels.

Have a wonderful day…

Life is a journey, sometimes there are boulders in your path…climb over them!
Mary E. Robbins & the Happy Hairballs
Robbins Run Ranch: Living the Dream With Our Pomeranians
Independent Beachbody Coach: Helping others reach their life goals

307.788.0202

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video