Saturday, April 12, 2008

Wow, Talk about Sore: written April 10th 2008

Woof baby; I was sore when I got up this morning. I hit my workout pretty hard yesterday, for my level. I thought I had drunk enough liquid, but I was wrong. Yeow-ouch, muscle spasms in my back and legs. Made for a rough night. Yes I am drinking more water today. Made sure my calcium intake was up too.
New Vision International has Citrus Flavor Essential Calcium that works well for me. Usually I put a scoop in about a liter of water and it will ease off the knotted up muscles.

Watch the electrolytes when you are working out or changing your body composition. As in losing fat! If you ever really jack them up. As in get to low on any one of them, the results are vicious. Vicious as in major muscle pain, then death if you get too low. Too high isn’t good either, balance is the key.

Unfortunately since I did jack mine up years ago I do not metabolize calcium or potassium well. Years ago I did some very inadvisable diet and training regimes and nearly destroyed my body. Really jacked my immune system.

First I started getting ill, major league ill as in pneumonia and bronchitis each year. Then it went to around every 6 months. Then it was sort of get over it and come back down ill again.

So a word to the wise. Take care of your body. Give it the nutrition it needs. Get off your butt and move, but pay attention. Moderation and balance is the key. Yes you can train for a marathon or any sports, or dance life and take care of your body. If you neglect it. You may not notice it for a while. But it will break down. Been there done that, you won’t like it!

Working your way back, if you survive the crash, is hellish. Yep that’s the word, hellish. Mentally, it’s a labyrinth filled with mental landmines to work through. Emotionally it’s swings from determination, to desolation. Physically it’s slow and painful. Spiritually it’s purgatory.

No you don’t have to believe me. No you don’t have to take care of your body. It’s up to you. If you want to go on the tour thorough hell that I’ve been through, have at it.

Take care of yourself. Mind, Body, and Spirit, the total person.

Ok, I’m getting off my soap box, for now. Lol.

I went for my workout plan again today. So far so good. I’ve been trying to keep it real. Breaking it up throughout the day. I’m determined, I’ve put together a 1 through 30 countdown chart. Not 30 days, 30 workouts. My workouts are broken down into components. I’ve changed my focus from marathon training to fitness training. I’ll tackle the marathon later, besides the fitness training is laying the foundation.

My 30 workout challenge is as follows:
Red exerciser 10 minutes
Walk outside: driveway loop, or ridge loop (between ½ mile and 1 mile)
Elliptical 5 kilometers
Oxycise Level 1
Hip Hop Abs following the workout.

My goal is to lose 3 inches off my waist, and 3 inches off my hips. I have the rest of my measurements as well so we’ll see what happens. I should lose at least the 3 inches.

At the end of 30 workouts I am going to take my measurements again.

Then the plan is to step it up a level and do it again.

I was pretty happy with just getting through the first hip hop abs workout. Whoo Hoo. A couple of months ago I tried that and it knocked me out for around 3 days. Today I’m sore but not knocked out. I’m going for it again tonight.

Life is a journey, enjoy the Trip.
Mary E. The Hairballs
Robbins Run Ranch: Living the Dream With Our Pomeranians

No comments:

'Daily Affirmation' Video